Preventive Care Services to Maintain Dental Health
Preventive dentistry is the dental care needed to achieve and maintain oral health and wellness. Oral hygiene habits at home paired with necessary cleanings and evaluations at the dental office can assist patients in keeping their teeth and gums healthy. At A & S Dental Wellness Center of Leominster of Leominster, Massachusetts, Dr. Yijia Li and her team can educate you on the various procedures available to achieve the smile of your dreams!
What are the Commonly Available Dental Preventive Care Services?
At A & S Dental Wellness Center of Leominster, we are pleased to provide the following dental services to help you maintain a healthy smile:
- Professional teeth cleanings. Dental cleanings, or prophylaxis, are performed by our dental hygienists to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth. The teeth are also polished and flossed during these routine prophylaxis appointments.
- Dental evaluations. A dentist’s regular evaluations of the mouth can improve one’s oral health and catch problems early on for successful intervention.
- Fluoride treatments. For patients at a higher risk of getting cavities, fluoride treatments can be used to strengthen the natural tooth enamel with this natural mineral.
- Dental sealants. Additionally, patients prone to cavities can also protect their teeth with dental sealants, making it more difficult for food to become stuck in the grooves of the teeth.
- Oral cancer screenings. Oral cancer is often treated successfully with early intervention. We provide oral cancer screenings at every appointment to look for signs of potential problems.
- Gum disease treatment. Patients with periodontal disease will need to speak to a professional about gum disease treatment to control the condition and reduce the damage it causes to the bones, gums, and teeth.
Request an Appointment with a Leominster, Massachusetts Area Dentist
To learn more about our preventive services or to request an appointment, please contact A & S Dental Wellness Center of Leominster today. We look forward to helping you both achieve and maintain optimal oral health! Dr. Yijia Li can be reached by calling (978) 926-9010 to request a visit at 285 Central Street, Suite #210.