Missing Front Teeth? Complete Your Smile Naturally with Dental Implants
Losing front teeth can have a devastating impact on your smile. When replacing these teeth, it’s essential to choose wisely. Although a dental bridge would be a quicker restorative treatment, implants can complete your smile more naturally with positive lifelong results. At A & S Dental Wellness Center of Leominster in Leominster, Massachusetts, Dr. Yijia Li can replace your front teeth with implants successfully to restore the beauty of your smile.
Advantages of Implants for Front Teeth
Unlike a dental bridge that will need to be upgraded after some time, implants offer a permanent, lifelong solution to replacing front teeth. A dental bridge also requires support from adjacent teeth. In contrast, single implants can stand alone without impacting surrounding teeth. Additional benefits include:
- Greater stability for replacement teeth as the implant base is surgically embedded into your jaw and assimilated into your system
- No bone loss as the implant base acts like a tooth root in stimulating bone growth to keep your jaw from sagging
- The look and feel of natural teeth as porcelain crowns have the appearance, durability, and function of natural teeth
- The freedom to eat whatever you want as implants restore your ability to bite and chew
- Easy maintenance and care as implants only require brushing, flossing, and dental cleaning to maintain their attractive appearance
Requirements for Implant Teeth Replacement Surgery
Implant surgery requires that you have enough healthy bone where the implants are to be inserted to support your new teeth. As front teeth generally have less bone structure than back teeth, Dr. Li will take X-rays of your jaw and evaluate your situation to see if implants are a viable option for replacing your front teeth. If the jawbone is lacking, a bone graft may be needed to provide the bone support you need. We’ll also discuss lifestyle habits that can hinder the long-term success of your treatment so you can make changes accordingly.